- This event has passed.
Academics and advocates: How can research and refugee action inform each other in Sussex?
May 8th @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
In the run up to this year’s Sussex Refugees Tales Walk and as we approach World Refugee Day, the Lewes Organisation in Support of Refugees and Asylum Seekers (LOSRAS)in collaboration with the Institute of Development Studies (IDS) will host a public meeting to showcase locally produced research with relevance to refugees, and asylum seekers, and those seeking to assist them. This event brings together refugee support groups and academics to reflect on implications of the research for local support work, and engagement of local advocacy and action groups in future research.
- Jody Harris – IDS researcher and chair of trustees of LOSRAS
- Dolf te Lintelo – Research fellow IDS, Wellbeing and Protracted Urban Displacement: Refugees and Hosts in Jordan and Lebanon
- Mark Doidge – Senior Research Fellow University of Brighton, Sport and leisure and their role with refugees
- Elisa Sandri – Graduate students University of Sussex, Makeshift Humanitarians: Informal Humanitarian Aid Across European Close Borders
- Mel Steel – Director of Voices in Exile