Plastic Free Lewes presents: There’s No Planet B
June 1st @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
As climate change, environmental pollution and resource scarcity climb up the political agenda, join Plastic Free Lewes for an inspiring day of speakers, stalls, debate and ideas on what we need to do personally and collectively to live more sustainably.
- Listen to speakers on sustainable food, energy, clothing and global action on climate change
- Sign up to the Plastic Free Lewes pledge to cut down on single-use plastic
- Get ideas for cutting waste, saving energy and reducing your environmental impact
- Hear councillors debate what a climate emergency should look like at the local level.
- 11.30am – Daphne Lambert, Founder of Greencuisine Trust, explores the nature of foods that nourish us & our environment
- 12pm – Oli Henman, Global coordinator working on the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, explains how climate change and other challenges are being tackled by UN members
- 1pm – Diana Uprichard and Mica Lamb of Dolly Clothing look at how cheap clothing is costing the earth
- 2pm – Howard Johns, author of ‘Energy Revolution’, discusses how community-owned renewable energy can be a reality
- 3pm – The Big Debate: Lewes District Councillors discuss what a climate emergency should entail at the local level.
Stalls include: Extinction Rebellion, Plastic Free Cleaning, Transition Town Lewes, Litter Free Lewes, Dolly Clothing, Georganics, Wickle, Whale & Me, Tracey’s plastic-free toiletries, Cycle Lewes, Keep It In the Ground Lewes, RNLI, Surfers Against Sewage/ Plastic Free Eastbourne and Vert Woods Community Woodland.
Food and drink provided by Soul Soup. Admission free, donations welcome.